Where do your photo-shoots take place?
All portrait sessions are shot on location with natural light. We will collaborate further on this during our pre-consultation meeting but here are a few quick things to note:
- For Family portraits, think of a few places that have resonance for you as a family, as this can help to create an “outing” experience vs. a photo session.
- I am an outdoor photographer, however, if there is a particular shot you are looking for, we will choose a room that has ample sunlight filtering through. Porches are always a great alternative because they offer us soft, open shade.
- Unless there are restrictions to photography at a specific location, I am game to shoot anywhere!
Ack! What should I/we wear to our photo session?
Your comfort is my top priority, so let me ask you, “What do you feel great in?” I want to capture you authentically, and if you or your family are not comfortable in what you are wearing this won’t happen. We will discuss this further during our pre-consultation session but this this will help when you begin thinking/choosing your outfit choices. Here are a few quick tips to think about:
- Unless you and your family are in the habit of wearing matching outfits, please do not arrive for your session wearing them.
- Ivory or cream photographs better than white.
- Clothes that feel and look soft create cozy, soft portraits. Clothes that have bright colors and/or patterns create fun and energetic portraits.
- Solid or patterned shirts are much preferred to ones with logos, writing or characters.
- Think layers, textures, hats and accessories. I also encourage those with big imaginations to pull out their superhero capes, rain boots & wellies, floppy hats and fairy wings. Let’s have some fun together!
- Bandeau tops, long skirts, scarves and pretty undergarments are perfect for maternity sessions.
What should we bring?
With smaller children I suggest coming prepared for any contingency – I swear I won’t laugh if you bring a few suitcases with you - it's not the first time it's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last! At a minimum, bring makeup and hair accessories for quick touch-ups. With little ones it doesn’t hurt to bring an additional outfit or two, a drink or some snacks and their favorite toy.
Do you provide any props?
Generally any props or items you wish to be photographed with in a session are supplied by you. For outdoor family sessions I like to suggest bringing an “activity” for the family to do together… a kite, bubbles (or a bubble machine!) a ball or maybe the game of twister!
Can you make me look younger? (Or, do you retouch your images)
Yes, and during our consultation meeting we will discuss the level of retouching that you desire. I understand smoothing a line, or two, or perhaps removing a blemish, but that said, I will never alter your photographs in a way that the final image does not look or feel like "you."
When will I receive my photos?
After our session I will spend many hours culling through the images that were taken choosing only the very best of the day. Once the images are selected I will work individually with each one to bring out the unique elements, ensuring that each image represents the very best version of you and your family. Once your photographs are complete I will email you the link to your private gallery where you may download the images directly to your computer. A teaser photo will be posted on Facebook on or the day after our shoot and then you can expect 1-3 sneak peek photos in a gallery on Facebook as well. Please feel free to share them or make them your profile or cover photos. Within three weeks of our session, the rest of your photos will be uploaded into a personal gallery and you will be emailed the link & password.
How long will our session last?
Depends on which package you choose! Take a peek at the price list above!
Who owns the copyright to our photos?
Code Purple Photography owns the full copyright to your photos.
How do I book with you?
You can message me here, call or text 413-570-5639, or email us at email@example.com!
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes! Code Purple Photography accepts cash, checks and all major credit cards. There is a $30 fee for any returned check.
Is a deposit required?
Yes, a $75 non-refundable deposit is required in order to secure your session date. The balance will be due on the day of your session.
Are there any additional fees?
Yes, there are two additional fees that may come up for your session.
1. Travel Fee: A $35.00 initial travel fee will be included for any sessions further than 30 miles one way, plus $1 for every additional mile (one way.) This fee is waived if I am shooting several sessions in one location, say, Worcester, Salisbury Beach or Boston.
2. Expedited editing: You may opt to add a $75 Rush fee to your session fee if you need your images to be completed sooner than the completion time specified in your package. This will be based on the current workload and may or may not be available during busy times in the year.